Friday, August 14, 2009

20 Days Out

We are 20 days out from the 2009 World Sub-Junior Powerlifting Championships in Brazil. Amanda has left the group and is moving to Louisiana for school. She will meet us in Brazil in September. Jesse's lifts are going great and Kenzie is performing just as well, both should have great competitions if they stay focused. I am a little frustrated in that I can't verify if the hotel has received our payment for our rooms. The fax I sent out on Tuesday showed that it was received, but I haven't seen any charges on my card verifying that they have processed my payment. I emailed the contact today at the hotel, but to no avail. Today is the drop dead date on the rooms so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they have everything they need for our rooms.
Tomorrow is week 5 in our cycle and I believe Jesse is supposed to rep 600 in the squat and Kenzie should be at 455 for reps. This will be a really good indication if the cycle is going to finish well. Should be our first day in Bench shirts as well so I will have to see how that goes. Kenzie hit a triple of 195 last Saturday in her new shirt, but Jesse hasn't worked in his for any numbers yet.
Amanda trained yesterday somewhere in Wisconsin with Krogman and I guess he blessed here with a new nickname, "Puke Princess". I guess she had a slight accident during her squats and blew chunks on the platform during a lift. Nerves I guess in a new gym. :) Today she is on the road again headed south across the great plains of the midwest. As of 3:45pm today she has no idea where she is going to stop. I am guessing Oklahoma or somewhere in Texas. She should make it to Louisiana tomorrow sometime. She is lucky her sister chose to go along for company. Sisters can get along sometime I guess and Amy is a sweetheart for making the trip. One of those things Amanda won't have living down south.
I think the fundraising is winding down, but I hope to get in a few more bucks in before we leave. I and the kids have had some great luck with our repeat sponsors. They are great to have as supporters and truly are wonderful people that are willing to provide this experience to these kids. I hope each of our sponsors realize the opportunity they are providing, and I hope my kids will relish in the experience of this trip. I will do my best to ensure they do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment